John Dimmer Visit

John Dimmer is one of the guest speakers that I can forget about his sense of humor. Dimmer is truly an entrepreneur who has founded many companies and is specialized in debt financing. He guides me on how to manage and calculate the spending of a start-up company. Then he teaches me that when I borrow money to start a company.  I should prioritize secure sources like banks and the government first. Then angel investors, investors, friends, and family are the follow-up sources. I really learned the first step of starting a company, what to do and how to do it from him. There is one thing about him that I am learning a lot from is the importance of supporter. “If you want to go fast, go alone; if you want to go far, go together" (African Proverb). Most business is not a monopoly so it is important for a business to have supporters. For a business, to grow substantially supporters and connections are necessary. There are many kinds of benefits the supporter can bring to the business like make the product become well known, sell more products, increase the operating funds,... Dimmer also told me about places for the new business to find supporters, investors like the bank, venture group,... In general, after his speech, I have a broader view of what to do when I start a business and what I should do to make it expand in a healthy way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog